Skip to main content

Morgana - Real Self Care Is Not All Bubble Baths

Self care is not all bubble baths, scented candles, and walks on the beach. Today it’s buying myself a fricking hearing aid to keep that part of my brain active and healthy.

Keeping it real.

Next I’ll invest in an x-ray because a chiropractor at the mastermind I attended last week says my right shoulder is rotated forward and that’s why I’ve got lower back pain. Treatment for spinal stenosis may be in my future.

Isn’t aging fun?

I wear corrective glasses now.

I take daily vitamin and herbal supplements to boost my thyroid (and eat tons of seaweed!), and I megadose on Turmeric daily just because.

I’ve lost 13 pounds on a very low calorie, low glycemic diet, because it’s good for my heart and my brain. I don’t feel deprived. I feel excited. It’s the lowest I’ve been in years. I have about 9 pounds to go to hit my pre-husband weight.

This is the first time in my life that I’ve focused on weight loss NOT out of self-hate, NOT out of fear of being unloveable as I am, NOT out of buying into a patriachal game of female body shaming.

I don’t hate myself. I am already well loved. Fuck the patriarchy.

This is the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE that I’ve approaching weight loss 100% out of LOVE.

Love for life, for self, and gratitude for this aging vessel that is my lifetime companion.

I’ve never been so passionate about health.

For many years I’ve been saying the Universe (aka God, Higher Power, Cosmic Ooze…) gets our attention through the primary “pain doors” of Money, Love, and Health challenges in order to wake us up for the sake of our evolution to more wisdom, empowerment, and happiness.

If Money is your primary challenge: congratulations. Money will get your attention faster and with more urgency than any other spiritual teacher.

Typically once the money pain is resolved, the next pain to show up front and center is Love.

This was true for me. It’s also been true for so many of my clients that I made Aphrodite, Goddess of Love, the second archetype in my “Money Goddess Experience” curriculum.

Even when Money and Love are in good shape, Health issues will knock on your door sooner or later, guaranteed. Hello mortality.

Maybe it’s the privilege of being over 50. Maybe it’s watching my father’s horrifying descent into Alzheimer’s dementia. Maybe it’s watching the human race pollute the body of our mother–Earth–and feeling the intuitive connection to my own body.

We only get ONE BODY in this life time.

Love what you’ve got. Whatever you’ve got.

 

 

 

The post Real Self Care Is Not All Bubble Baths appeared first on Morgana Rae & Charmed Life Coaching, Inc..



via Morgana Rae & Charmed Life Coaching, Inc. https://ift.tt/2CUz4Ng

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Allana Pratt, Intimacy Expert - Stuck In The Middle

Question: I don’t want to be in the middle of this! My boyfriend’s mother is sick and he wants to move back home to be closer to her. His mother HATES me and he wants me to go with him. The doctor’s are saying the outlook is not positive and I want him to be there for his mother but I don’t think I am a big enough person to put our issues aside to endure her. Am I horrible? Answer: Yes, you are a horrible horrible person and you’re going to hell. KIDDING!!!!!! You are magnificent and courageous and willing to tell the truth… and I find that inspiring I think it’s very important for people to be given the option to spend time with their parents as they die because sometimes people die suddenly and you never get a chance to say something; yet, your boyfriend will be able to feel good about the time, effort, and presence he gives her. And it’s also very important for you not to stop living or choose something that’s not a contribution for you and sacrifice yourself for another only t...

Allana Pratt, Intimacy Expert - Boyfriend Was Rude To Disabled Brother

Q: For about a year, I have been dating (what I thought) was a wonderful man.  I am very protective of my disabled brother so I am hesitant to introduce men in my life to him.  This guy was different so I wanted him to understand that if he was going to be a part of my life, he was going to be a part of my brother’s as well. The way he acted towards him was atrocious! He ignored him and if my brother made contact, he jumped as if my brother’s disability would rub off on him!  I thought he was the one but now I am not sure.  Thoughts? A: I’m so sorry love.  This experience must trouble your heart in two ways – how he treated your brother and disappointment for believing he was the one.  While I do not condone his behavior, I must say that people have a tendency to act unpredictable and/or unkind when they are around people who are different from them.  Through education and practice, people can change.  Would you be open to communicating with yo...