Skip to main content

Allana Pratt, Intimacy Expert - Surviving The Walk Of Shame

woman-284621_960_720

 

Question: I am in my third year of college and just did my first “walk of shame”.  It was humiliating.  I could feel the eyes on me and the judgment.  There has to be a better way – this can’t be my college experience.

Answer: LOVE THIS QUESTION!!!

JUST talked to a client about this last week.

First, we are always at choice at how we see any situation.

I say choose the way the empowers you!

Thus we destroyed the whole idea of a Walk of Shame.

Instead we call it the Walk of Swagger for guys… the Walk of Sass for women… all based Gratitude for having consensual SEX!

According to the Kinsey Institute, about 75% of single females and 50% of single guys haven’t had sex for a year!

SEX IS FABULOUS!!! Touch is healing. There is no reason to be ashamed about a glorious experience of pleasure!

Just because you don’t want to marry the person doesn’t mean you need to sneak away thinking either of you did something wrong.

How demeaning to the passion and deliciousness that was exchanged!

Just be straight, upfront, grateful and honest.

Now, if you wake up with a different stranger every morning for the past 3 months, I’d suggest some coaching for you’re trying to fill a void in your heart with external validation.

Yet after a wonderful night of pleasure, waking up alone can really sting, but a grateful kiss or beautiful note of blissful appreciation saying Thank you… makes the transition easier, and it’s far classier.

When will people have the courage to be straight with one another, honor and celebrate the beauty of their sexual-ness, and stop judging one of the most glorious expressions of pleasure on the planet!?

I say honor your partner by talking straight about expectations, no games or manipulations, be authentic, be safe, and definitely have WAY too much fun! Life is challenging enough, celebrate the beauty of connection.. and walk away nourished, filled, opened and appreciated, with a little spring in your step.

All my love,

A.

The post Surviving The Walk Of Shame appeared first on Allana Pratt.



via Allana Pratt http://ift.tt/1QJcI2w

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Allana Pratt, Intimacy Expert - Stuck In The Middle

Question: I don’t want to be in the middle of this! My boyfriend’s mother is sick and he wants to move back home to be closer to her. His mother HATES me and he wants me to go with him. The doctor’s are saying the outlook is not positive and I want him to be there for his mother but I don’t think I am a big enough person to put our issues aside to endure her. Am I horrible? Answer: Yes, you are a horrible horrible person and you’re going to hell. KIDDING!!!!!! You are magnificent and courageous and willing to tell the truth… and I find that inspiring I think it’s very important for people to be given the option to spend time with their parents as they die because sometimes people die suddenly and you never get a chance to say something; yet, your boyfriend will be able to feel good about the time, effort, and presence he gives her. And it’s also very important for you not to stop living or choose something that’s not a contribution for you and sacrifice yourself for another only t...

Allana Pratt, Intimacy Expert - Boyfriend Was Rude To Disabled Brother

Q: For about a year, I have been dating (what I thought) was a wonderful man.  I am very protective of my disabled brother so I am hesitant to introduce men in my life to him.  This guy was different so I wanted him to understand that if he was going to be a part of my life, he was going to be a part of my brother’s as well. The way he acted towards him was atrocious! He ignored him and if my brother made contact, he jumped as if my brother’s disability would rub off on him!  I thought he was the one but now I am not sure.  Thoughts? A: I’m so sorry love.  This experience must trouble your heart in two ways – how he treated your brother and disappointment for believing he was the one.  While I do not condone his behavior, I must say that people have a tendency to act unpredictable and/or unkind when they are around people who are different from them.  Through education and practice, people can change.  Would you be open to communicating with yo...