Skip to main content

Allana Pratt, Intimacy Expert - My family and friends keep trying to set me up with men

Question: Most of my family and friends keep trying to set me up with men. Am I wrong for being so picky this late in life? For working so much?

Answer: I’m not into right or wrong, love, just what works for you, what makes you happy! If not having dating as a priority and instead having work as a priority is what makes you happy, then no issues! If you are lonely, want to be married or in a committed relationship yet you are unwilling to take actions in that direction, then we have some talking to do!

If your friends and family keep trying to set you up with men, they seem to be wanting to make you happy, yet it probably feels like judging you for being single, which doesn’t feel good, so you deflect, defend and keep working, huh?

Perhaps you could tell them to lay off in a nice way, or perhaps you could just receive their suggestions with allowance, perhaps you could all sit down and put your profile online and they could be your dating ‘staff’, and go through tons of men while you enjoy working and organize all your dates for you! ha! What feels best to you?

And about the picky part. Is your picky a strategy to never open your heart, risk rejection and thus stay busy and single? Or are you picky because you’re so hard on yourself, perhaps a perfectionist (which is impossible, nobody’s perfect, we are all works of art in progress) and thus expecting perfection from a man? Is being picky a clever survival mechanism never to show up and enjoy deep vulnerable intimate love because you got hurt last time you did that?

I’d honestly like to have a strategy session with you to get to the heart of the matter. I have several clients who say they want a relationship yet either their heart is still wounded, they aren’t taking actions, they are taking ineffective (or counter productive or downright offensive) actions and don’t even know it. So in a short amount of time, we could get you clarity, freedom and joy about who you are, where you are, what you want and what’s in the way… to create more delicious ease and yummy joy in your world. Sound good?

If that sounds like an effective, efficient and supportive next step with this issue, I would love to connect with you. I’m grateful for your question. I would be honored to support you in being happier. Contact my staff at: manager@allanapratt.com and let’s create some miracles, beautiful woman.

Great Love,

Allana

The post My family and friends keep trying to set me up with men appeared first on Allana Pratt.



via Allana Pratt http://ift.tt/2orvmji

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Allana Pratt, Intimacy Expert - Stuck In The Middle

Question: I don’t want to be in the middle of this! My boyfriend’s mother is sick and he wants to move back home to be closer to her. His mother HATES me and he wants me to go with him. The doctor’s are saying the outlook is not positive and I want him to be there for his mother but I don’t think I am a big enough person to put our issues aside to endure her. Am I horrible? Answer: Yes, you are a horrible horrible person and you’re going to hell. KIDDING!!!!!! You are magnificent and courageous and willing to tell the truth… and I find that inspiring I think it’s very important for people to be given the option to spend time with their parents as they die because sometimes people die suddenly and you never get a chance to say something; yet, your boyfriend will be able to feel good about the time, effort, and presence he gives her. And it’s also very important for you not to stop living or choose something that’s not a contribution for you and sacrifice yourself for another only t...

Allana Pratt, Intimacy Expert - Boyfriend Was Rude To Disabled Brother

Q: For about a year, I have been dating (what I thought) was a wonderful man.  I am very protective of my disabled brother so I am hesitant to introduce men in my life to him.  This guy was different so I wanted him to understand that if he was going to be a part of my life, he was going to be a part of my brother’s as well. The way he acted towards him was atrocious! He ignored him and if my brother made contact, he jumped as if my brother’s disability would rub off on him!  I thought he was the one but now I am not sure.  Thoughts? A: I’m so sorry love.  This experience must trouble your heart in two ways – how he treated your brother and disappointment for believing he was the one.  While I do not condone his behavior, I must say that people have a tendency to act unpredictable and/or unkind when they are around people who are different from them.  Through education and practice, people can change.  Would you be open to communicating with yo...