Skip to main content

Allana Pratt, Intimacy Expert - Tired of Being Misunderstood?

Do you find that you are misunderstood? Is it common that negative opinions are formed based off those misunderstandings?

Here are a few behaviors that may be misconstrued and how to remedy them:

SEEMS ARROGANT (really insecure): When people are in their head thinking about what to say next, thinking about how not to be rejected, thinking on how to manipulate you so you like them… it comes across like they’re not paying attention, that they’re arrogant, that they don’t care… when REALLY they care so much!

SOLUTION: Be present. Stay in the moment. Breathe. Feel your feet on the ground. Listen without being three steps ahead. Just BE THERE and TRUST you’re enough. If they don’t want to date you, hire you, be your friend… that’s OK. It just means you’re not a fit. It’s doesn’t mean you’re wrong, bad or broken. Promise 😉

BEING PRESENT (vs. a people pleaser): Of course we want to make a good impression. Yet when we try TOO hard then we give away our power, say yes when we mean no, or become people pleasers who wear masks to survive.

SOLUTION: Decide that you’re enough. Choose to be a contribution to a situation. Trust that you’re bright enough to stay present to how you’re being perceived. Be courageous enough to ask clarifying questions if you sense they are not ‘getting’ you. Be inquisitive and curious by asking if you’re making sense or if ‘lands’ for them. Focus on being interested not interesting.

As an Intimacy Expert, I define Intimacy as In To Me I See. If there are parts of us we’re ashamed of, want to fix or even HATE about ourselves… we put up masks to hide. Then we can’t connect. Then people misunderstand our intentions. Then we feel separate and even at times… desperately alone.

Be willing to do your inner work to be HOME on the inside so you can be HOME connecting with others.

The post Tired of Being Misunderstood? appeared first on Allana Pratt.



via Allana Pratt http://ift.tt/2G5wT8M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Allana Pratt, Intimacy Expert - Stuck In The Middle

Question: I don’t want to be in the middle of this! My boyfriend’s mother is sick and he wants to move back home to be closer to her. His mother HATES me and he wants me to go with him. The doctor’s are saying the outlook is not positive and I want him to be there for his mother but I don’t think I am a big enough person to put our issues aside to endure her. Am I horrible? Answer: Yes, you are a horrible horrible person and you’re going to hell. KIDDING!!!!!! You are magnificent and courageous and willing to tell the truth… and I find that inspiring I think it’s very important for people to be given the option to spend time with their parents as they die because sometimes people die suddenly and you never get a chance to say something; yet, your boyfriend will be able to feel good about the time, effort, and presence he gives her. And it’s also very important for you not to stop living or choose something that’s not a contribution for you and sacrifice yourself for another only t...

Allana Pratt, Intimacy Expert - Boyfriend Was Rude To Disabled Brother

Q: For about a year, I have been dating (what I thought) was a wonderful man.  I am very protective of my disabled brother so I am hesitant to introduce men in my life to him.  This guy was different so I wanted him to understand that if he was going to be a part of my life, he was going to be a part of my brother’s as well. The way he acted towards him was atrocious! He ignored him and if my brother made contact, he jumped as if my brother’s disability would rub off on him!  I thought he was the one but now I am not sure.  Thoughts? A: I’m so sorry love.  This experience must trouble your heart in two ways – how he treated your brother and disappointment for believing he was the one.  While I do not condone his behavior, I must say that people have a tendency to act unpredictable and/or unkind when they are around people who are different from them.  Through education and practice, people can change.  Would you be open to communicating with yo...