Skip to main content

Allana - Letting Go of Frustration and Self-Judgement While Shooting a Pumpkin!


Once on the farm, you’d think Gabe was born there. Smell didn’t bother him. Total natural with animals and climbing all over the barn in the hay. He was RIGHT in the pen with TONS of cows, in his rubber boots, guiding them into the milking station… they are HUGE animals and yet he had no fear! He loved the horses (Mr. Wilson came right over to nuzzle me when I went for a walk in the stunning acres over rolling hills…yum). Gabe also loved the dogs and one farm cat Kitan in particular. He even shot a bibi gun.


So did I! And a bigger gun. And a Bigger one! Nearly knocked me off my feet. Way up in the hills. I hit a pumpkin. LOVED it! I’m officially a red neck.


Justice was my 17 yr. old mentor who taught me the rules of respect for the guns. He told me he has no idea how I can live in a city. He prefers nature and animals to people. Yet he’s got a huge heart and I loved my lesson and appreciated his patience!


It was such a metaphor for life, when I was timid and not grounded, I missed the pumpkin. Frustration or self-judgment made it worse. When I pulled the trigger too fast ‘trying’ to hit the pumpkin, I missed. Yet when I leaned up against the truck, gun to my cheek, exhaled deep into my body and into the earth, BECAME the trigger AND the bullet and pulled the trigger softy, directly like I WAS the gun… WAS the bullet… bingo . Wow. I feel so enlivened. It was like a meditation. Cleared my mind, got me present, in my body, clear what I’m generating and creating in my life. Hot.


The post Letting Go of Frustration and Self-Judgement While Shooting a Pumpkin! appeared first on Allana Pratt.






via Allana Pratt http://allanapratt.com/permission-for-pleasure/letting-go-frustration-self-judgement-while-shooting-pumpkin/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Allana Pratt, Intimacy Expert - Stuck In The Middle

Question: I don’t want to be in the middle of this! My boyfriend’s mother is sick and he wants to move back home to be closer to her. His mother HATES me and he wants me to go with him. The doctor’s are saying the outlook is not positive and I want him to be there for his mother but I don’t think I am a big enough person to put our issues aside to endure her. Am I horrible? Answer: Yes, you are a horrible horrible person and you’re going to hell. KIDDING!!!!!! You are magnificent and courageous and willing to tell the truth… and I find that inspiring I think it’s very important for people to be given the option to spend time with their parents as they die because sometimes people die suddenly and you never get a chance to say something; yet, your boyfriend will be able to feel good about the time, effort, and presence he gives her. And it’s also very important for you not to stop living or choose something that’s not a contribution for you and sacrifice yourself for another only t...

Allana Pratt, Intimacy Expert - Boyfriend Was Rude To Disabled Brother

Q: For about a year, I have been dating (what I thought) was a wonderful man.  I am very protective of my disabled brother so I am hesitant to introduce men in my life to him.  This guy was different so I wanted him to understand that if he was going to be a part of my life, he was going to be a part of my brother’s as well. The way he acted towards him was atrocious! He ignored him and if my brother made contact, he jumped as if my brother’s disability would rub off on him!  I thought he was the one but now I am not sure.  Thoughts? A: I’m so sorry love.  This experience must trouble your heart in two ways – how he treated your brother and disappointment for believing he was the one.  While I do not condone his behavior, I must say that people have a tendency to act unpredictable and/or unkind when they are around people who are different from them.  Through education and practice, people can change.  Would you be open to communicating with yo...